Last scene of Frankenstein
- Victor: I don't know what love is.
- Creature: I will teach you!
- Victor: Yes. You understand it better than I. Do you have a soul, and I none?
- Creature: (elated) I don't know! Let's debate!
- Victor: Every chance I had of love, I threw away. Every shred of human warmth, I cut to pieces. Hatred is what I understand. Nothingness. Despair. I am finished. - But you give me purpose. You, I desire. Go on. Walk on. You must be destroyed!
- Creature: Good boy. That's the spirit! Bring my miserable line to an end! Up! Up! Come, scientist! Destroy me! Destroy your creation! Come!